10/02/2011

Dog Photo shoot




I set up a really quick and simple studio. I used a black sheet of cotton for my backdrop. I just used one light with a snoot and a honeycomb attachment to create a single beam of light, which highlighted areas of the dogs; also the honeycomb adds texture to the hair in the image. I was so relived once I saw my images, as I didn’t think that they were going to work, so when I saw these images I was ecstatic and so very pleased. My main worry was having my eight-month-old puppy in the studio, as she is extremely excitable and I could see her knocking everything over. She was very good and just sat there, I didn’t have to bribe her with too many treats because once she got to no what we were doing she did it all by herself and just posed. My other dog who is 11 years old had a little session but was too interested in food than staying were she was meant to, the same as my next-door Nabors westie. I have only enhanced the contrast, lifted the exposure and saturation slightly this gave me a really contrasting look highlighting the detail and bringing out the eyes more with increasing the colour. On some of the images the backgrounds have been adjusted slightly to be completely black or remove the odd distracting little element. Overall I am really pleased with the outcome.

3 comments:

  1. Love these pictures Aimee! Always the unplanned turn out the best photographs i think. There is so much detail i them and i love how they look so glossy! you need to get a snap up of the need you engraved onto the glass! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tasha, you've done her proud. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks u 2. n ur right tal xx

    ReplyDelete